Bernie Perleberg Memorial Scholarship • $1500
To qualify for the Bernie Perleberg Memorial Scholarship:
- You must be a past student of CDCSA Head Start/ECEAP (Wenatchee, East Wenatchee, Cashmere, Peshastin, Orondo)
- You must be a high school senior or have a high school diploma or GED
Thisscholarship may be used toward expenses incurred to attend an accredited Academic College, University, Beauty School, Business College or Trade School. This is a one-time scholarship opportunity. Four scholarships will be awarded each academic school year.
Scholarship Application Checklist
- Completed Application
- A composition on the applicant’s motivation for furthering his/her education. The composition must include a personal goal statement and must share the role that Head Start has played in the applicant’s education. The composition should tell a great deal about the applicants short and long term goals and how the scholarship would help meet those goals.
- A paragraph of 300 words or less stating why financial assistance is necessary. The paragraph should include all anticipated expenses and all resources that will be used to finance higher education.
- A paragraph, hand written in cursive script, sharing the applicant’s favorite teacher and why this individual had an impact on their education.
- Please furnish three letters of reference/recommendation; they can be teachers, counselors, employers. No personal or family references please.
- A copy of an official acceptance from the institution the applicant will be attending. The letter must include a student ID number.